Bold lips (paired with otherwise minimalistic makeup) were all over the Spring ’11 runways. The look was favored by Jil Sander, DVF, Fendi and many others – but Jil Sander’s bright pink lip and nude face was my personal favorite. Since I can’t leave well enough alone, I added mascara and blush (they skipped both) and mixed in a bit of highlighter with my foundation. Though this look is all about the lips, I would advise against going completely bare faced – unless you are blessed with perfect skin and absolutely no undereye circles.
Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Petticoat (discontinued)
Make Up For Ever lip liner in fuchsia 16C
Make Up For Ever lipstick #36
(Make Up For Ever products generously provided by the company)
– Start with a moisturized face.
– Apply primer all over.
– Mix a fraction of a pump of Uplight (or another highlighter) into your foundation and apply all over face. Use concealer where necessary, concentrating under eyes and around your nose.
– Apply blush on apples of your cheeks, then dab three tiny dots of highlighter on your cheekbones and blend.
– Apply highlighter (or shimmery eyeshadow) to the inner corners of your eyes, and then one coat of mascara on lashes.
– Line lips completely, blend if necessary.
– Using a lip brush, fill in lips with bright pink lipstick. Blot. Done!