My grandma is 5’8, I am 5’7 (I have my flats on in the last picture) and my grandpa is 6’6! Yes, he was a basketball player!

silk blouse – thrifted
belt – thrifted
red leather skirt – thrifted
tights – target
MAC clutch – courtesy of Rebecca Minkoff
Senso shoes – courtesy of Solestruck

This wedding has me way behind on everything! I finished my sister’s dress (whew!) but now I’m working on decorations and the bachelorette night out. Time is flying by and we still have so much to do. This isn’t even my wedding and I’m stressed out beyond belief. I hope we can pull it off!

These photos are from fashion week (not Valentines’ Day, as my outfit suggests…) when my grandparents were in town. My grandma accompanied me to the Rebecca Minkoff show. She had such an amazing time; I couldn’t be happier that I was able to share this little part of my life with her – especially since her birthday was nearing (September 16th – the day after my grandpa’s and my birthday). It was the perfect show to bring her to, since the clothing is so wearable and chic. The clothes, the bags, the shoes (first collection!) – this was by far my favorite collection of hers. As much as I love fashion in all its forms, I especially appreciate when the clothing can easily transition from the runway to my closet. That is, if my bank account agreed. More photos after the jump!

Love Love,

1. A.Co says: October 5, 20108:23 pm

Your grandparents look so young! How old are they?!

Love how stylish your g-ma is, and your grandpa is so tall (as are mine: 6'3 & 6'4 -but used to be 6'6-) – they are adorable.

So sweet you got to share such a great experience with her.

Happy belated birthday, BTW!

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

2. ainikki says: October 5, 20108:26 pm

Your parents really do look young. I am amazed that your grandma likes fashion – if I think of mine, well she is way more oldfashioned:-) And I love your leather skirt.

3. Polina says: October 5, 20108:37 pm

I love your outfit, the colours and that red leather skirt especially! omg amazing! :)

4. samantha. says: October 5, 20108:48 pm

aww your grandparents are super cute and young!! love that your outfits sort of coordinate!

5. Makiko says: October 5, 20108:53 pm

love the fringe on your grandmother's sweater, and you wearing so many pinks and red together :)

6. One Girl says: October 5, 20109:01 pm

I really like your color combos here. I am seeing leather skirts everywhere!!!! Got to find me one! :)

7. Samantha says: October 5, 20109:04 pm

Oh I agree – that collection could easily pop straight into your wardrobe, I love collections like that!

8. Velvet says: October 5, 20109:10 pm

Very sweet photo with your grandparents!

I love love your skirt, I'm looking for a black leather one.

9. ziboo says: October 5, 20109:16 pm

Your family picture is cute, you all look so happy n_n

10. Collette Osuna says: October 5, 20109:32 pm

LOVE the family photo….you all look so great…..amazing red skirt…fabulous as always:)

Enter my Wendy Hammer Designs Purse Giveaway♥
    Statements in Fashion Blog

11. Bianca says: October 5, 20109:44 pm

Great fam photo! I bet your grandpa gets asked if he plays basketball all the time, lol!

12. Katie says: October 5, 20109:47 pm

Is that Rumi from FashionToast in the second to last photo? It looks a lot like her!

13. Gina says: October 5, 201010:47 pm

the picture of you & your granparents is so cute.

i kinda wanna be you (but not in a weird, stalkerish way!)

perfect outfits & lovely makeup 😉

14. Katie says: October 5, 201011:37 pm

That camel colored dress is gorgeous! Perfect to dress up and down. I love pieces like that.

15. says: October 5, 201011:40 pm

I absolutely ADORE your red skirt. It's one of my favorite pieces I've seen on the blog. You and your grandparents are so cute!

16. Natalya's Closet says: October 5, 201011:45 pm

I hope the wedding prep gets less stressful, and great family photos! I love the red skirt too. XOXO, Natalya

17. Tiffany's Small World says: October 6, 201012:34 am
  18. Rebecca from See You in Sweden says: October 6, 201012:57 am

Great outfit! Did your grandpa play college or pro?

19. theloudmouth says: October 6, 20101:36 am

i love that you're not afraid to mix colors.

20. Archives says: October 6, 20102:48 am

that red mini is fantastic!

21. evey ♥ says: October 6, 20103:24 am

you always look amazing! And for that i am giving you this award! :)

22. Raman says: October 6, 20103:37 am

cute family picture! love all the shades of red & pink in your outfit! xx

23. Clare says: October 6, 20109:01 am

A couple of years ago, one of my closest friends got married with four months' notice and asked me to be her "lady of honour" (she vetoed the term "maid") slash wedding planner. I don't think I'd ever devoted so much time, energy and concentration to another person before – there was so much to do and it was incredibly stressful at times. But get it done we did, pulling off a wedding with 150 guests and no (obvious!) slip-ups on a small budget, preceded by an awesome hen (British for bachelorette) day. My friends were so happy on the day that they were oblivious to any imperfections (ahem! there were none) – everything was just part of a wonderful, personal day to them. I've done this twice more since, despite claiming that big formal weddings aren't my thing. Anyway, moral of the story, I'm sure you'll pull it off too, even if you can't quite see how at this point. I've been reading your blog, commentless, for upwards of six months and you come across as very resourceful.

On another note, your grandparents' debut appearance is lovely (we think my grandma is 4'5", incidentally) and red and pale pink is a favourite colour combination of mine.

24. Iris says: October 6, 201010:53 am

Those booties are awesome!

25. Allison says: October 6, 201012:09 pm

You have such cute grandparents! And that pink blouse is really great :)

26. Ana says: October 6, 201012:37 pm

I really like this outfit! I love how you combined all these shades of pink and red, and made them work so well together!
    The Rebecca Minkoff collection is indeed beautiful and wearable! I especially like the grey top with cutouts on the sides, from the first photo of the collection.

27. genevieve, sandbox romance says: October 6, 20101:47 pm

Keiko, your family is just adorable (and tall!). It's insane. And awesome. And I LOVE your skirt!!

28. Alice says: October 6, 20101:57 pm

Oh wow! I love the red leather skirt.
    xx, Alice from bells and whistles :)

29. Future Lint says: October 6, 20103:04 pm

The red leather skirt with the pale pink oxford is so chic! How fun to take your grandma to fashion week! I am jealous!

30. Jonna says: October 6, 20103:26 pm

LOVE the red leather skirt! x

31. Made Her Think says: October 6, 20104:02 pm

Love the outfit! Rebecca M is love.

32. Jen says: October 6, 20104:10 pm

Love the look of pink and red. Aren't grandparents one of the best things in life? They are so giving and always say the funniest things.

Glad you had a great time!

33. christa @ enSTYLEpedia says: October 6, 20104:26 pm

loooove these colors together! you look great.
    what a fun event to bring your grandparents to!

34. Stephanie says: October 6, 20104:50 pm

Love the outfit but I am not a fan of the "red & pink" combination! But the skirt is gorgeous!

35. Keiko Lynn says: October 6, 20108:13 pm

Made her think: are you the one who did the jewelry for Rebecca?

36. Keiko Lynn says: October 6, 20108:19 pm

Made her think: are you the one who did the jewelry for Rebecca?

37. LyddieGal says: October 7, 20103:35 am

Your red skirt is simply amazing, and the button down drapes in the most wonderful way.

It's so great you got to attend fashion shows with your grandma, you are so lucky!

Chic on the Cheap

38. a!k0 says: October 7, 20108:22 am

Aww the pic with your grandparents are so adorable!! love your outfit.. :) You always inspire me, thanks for sharing! <3<3 Happy belated bday to you, your grandma and grandpa!! It's nice to have bdays close to each other!!

39. FASHION ICE says: October 7, 20104:42 pm

the red skirt is awesome

40. Naomi says: October 7, 20106:12 pm

Your grandparents look like lovely people, i feel happy for you.

41. Drew says: October 8, 20102:12 pm

Absolutely adore you and your style – I have been following your blog for a couple of months now and really like the fact that most of the things you wear are thrifted – how wonderful! Not everything fashionable and gorgeous need to be expensive or branded. Well done.

42. PearlsAndGreenTea says: October 11, 20102:43 am

Hi! I'm a new reader. Great blog!

Your grandparents are so young and good looking! :)

I also loove your fashion sense…there's something so fun and whimsical about it!

43. chellemorgan says: October 12, 20106:04 am

Your grandparents are so adorable! And I love your outfit, the contrast of pink and red works perfectly.

Xo Chelle

44. daisymay aka Chantele says: October 12, 20107:13 am
  45. The Fashion Buzz says: October 12, 20108:44 am

The outfit with the red leather skirt and the pink shirt look really great together- something we never thought would go well together but you have just proved it does!

46. Runway Rundown says: October 12, 20108:51 pm

So great seeing you in the Ralph Lauren Pink Pony Campaign. Congratulations on being part of such a great cause!

47. kdr'S says: October 13, 20101:40 am

Your Parents look GREAT. I hope they read this and all the comments.

Your blog has quickly become one of my favorites.

So…You won a versatile blogger award on my site. Stop by to claim it and check it out.

48. The Photodiarist says: October 13, 20109:05 pm

I photographed you and posted about this outfit yesterday:

49. In Kinsey's Closet says: October 13, 20109:40 pm

Oooo I really really really love this skirt. You look so good in this outfit, great styling!

50. Nea says: October 14, 20108:00 pm

I LOVE your shoes!!

51. fashion trends says: October 17, 201012:38 pm

Cute outfit. I want those shoes!

52. Claud says: October 21, 201012:59 pm

Awww, what a cute photo with your grandparents! XD