photo credit: Jason Jean of Citizen Couture for Harper’s Bazaar

The very first day of fashion week was also the day of the IFB Evolving Influence conference, which Kim and I volunteered for. I had a midday show to attend at Lincoln Center (within walking distance, luckily), but I helped stuff the goodie bags and checked in the attendees. It was really awesome meeting so many different people and seeing blogger friends from all over. After the conference, a bunch of us went out for pizza and generally had a great time.

A lot of readers ask me for advice on blogging, and in addition to my normal tips, I always direct them to IFB. If you’re a blogger and you aren’t familiar with IFB, join it and soak up all the info you can retain. Jennine and the IFB crew and contributors are pretty amazing. It’s such a great community to be a part of. If you missed the panels, there are many articles available on the site, as well as other blogs!

It’s kind of funny that I was at a blogger event and actually forgot to take my outfit photo. Luckily, a bunch of photographers snapped some photographs outside of Lincoln Center – one of which ended up on Harper’s Bazaar. Yay! Sure, it’s only one photo, but it’s not like I won’t be wearing the outfit again;)

cardigan – borrowed from my friend Samara
grey shirt – Forever 21
skirt – self made
Seychelles Hawk Wedges – courtesy of ModCloth
nude fishnet tights – probably Target?
belt – thrifted

Love Love,

1. Rebecca says: September 16, 20102:28 am

Getting on the Bazaar site is a real coup. Congratulations.

2. Jen says: September 16, 20102:34 am

Oh my gosh, the Harper's Bazaar magazine? So amazing! I love your skirt.

You're definitely right about IFB. I need to take more time to read everything on there!

3. cocorosa says: September 16, 20102:35 am

Hiya :)
    I had so much fun :) I hope I get to see you guys again before I fly back to Europe! Have you ever been to Epistrophy in Nolita? Its one of my little foodie spots too :)

xoxo

4. Jen says: September 16, 20102:37 am

I love that skirt!

Also Happy Birthday <3

5. Marinka says: September 16, 20102:38 am

your outfit is really nice! I love your wedges!

6. *♥mica♥* says: September 16, 20102:51 am

love the outfit match heaps! esp the ur skirt; very pretty 😀

7. samantha. says: September 16, 20103:00 am

that's AMAZING!!

love the skirt & the IFB advice. just joined the other day and love it already!

xo
    sami

8. Hannah says: September 16, 20103:01 am

Love the fullness and double ruffle on that skirt!

9. Amber Rose says: September 16, 20103:01 am

I remember asking you about blogging and you directed me to IFB. I love it, but sometimes it just reminds me how tiny I am.

I also wanted to say Happy Birthday. I know I'm a stranger, and my words are irrelevant for a plethora of reasons, but your blog and the little glimpse you give us into your world is inspiring! You connect thousands of people, most of whom would never cross paths, over things as silly as what lipstick to the less silly things, some of which leave us (though I really can't speak for everyone else) to the brink of tears. I don't want to be a total creeper, but I really wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. I hope that twenty-six is the best.
    Or… 25 years and 366 days old. :)

Love Always,
    Amber Rose

Jeez– What an immensely long comment.

10. Beautifully Pure says: September 16, 20103:09 am

Lovely!! I absolutely adore your shoes!! <3 <3

11. gabrielle says: September 16, 20103:13 am

i wish i was able to go to ifb, i heard it was awesome. i watched the life feed from work anyway *tisk, tisk*.

12. Liana says: September 16, 20104:04 am

wow that is so cool your photo got into harper's bazaar, that's amazing! i love the ifb i am a member and everyone on their is super nice and helpful! glad you had fun at fashion week!

13. chroscenium says: September 16, 20104:40 am

congrats!

i love love love(!!!)your cardigan and skirt!

14. Bianca says: September 16, 20105:48 am

Great outfit; IFB and NYFW looked like it was an amazing time!

15. theloudmouth says: September 16, 20108:03 am

wow, harpers! you go girl. and thanks for the pointing me in the direction of that site; i've registered & can't wait to check it out. <3

16. Nadia Kamballa says: September 16, 20108:03 am
  17. Hooked on Shoes says: September 16, 20108:28 am

Loooooove the skirt!

18. mariska says: September 16, 20108:45 am

whoaa,that's a very cute skirt!
    ^_^

xoxo

19. Sharon says: September 16, 20108:56 am

You are a mega-babe.

Sharon xx

20. Venn says: September 16, 201012:13 pm

aww!! adorablee! i love ur selfmade skirtt!

xoxo

21. Christina says: September 16, 20101:12 pm

I have to say your self made skirt is my favorite part of the outfit

22. Anonymous says: September 16, 20101:13 pm

One of your best outfits ever!

23. ❤Cate❤ says: September 16, 20101:36 pm

Such a pretty outfit no wonder it was snapped xoxo

24. Sydney, The Rabbit-Hearted Girl says: September 16, 20102:21 pm

Your outfit is great, and congrats on being photographed for harper's bazaar! and i hope you had a wonderful birthday!

25. hueys says: September 16, 20104:17 pm

your skirt's so lovely!I love it

and you made it yourself! (:
    I wish i had your sewing skills!

26. roxybeautyblog says: September 16, 20104:58 pm

I'm loving those wedges! beautiful

roxy

27. chrystie the gemini says: September 16, 20107:44 pm

It sounds like you had such a great time. I'd loev to attend those events…one day. For now maybe I'll go ahead and join ifb.

love your skirt!

xoxo
    Chrystie

28. Caroline says: September 18, 20103:23 am

aw love the outfit and happy belated birthday!

29. City Girl says: September 22, 20108:24 am

That's a gorgeous outfit! i love your style and your blog is great! I unfortunately missed the conference (couldn't get over from London), but will look for you on IFB! I'm also your newest follower :) Please check out my blog if you can!
    City Girl x

30. 每当遇见你 says: September 28, 20106:59 am

Here’s a list of tools you will need to start: Jewelers’ pandora jewellery wire cutters – If you can only afford one pair, get memory wire shears. pandora charms These are designed to make clean cuts on tough memory wire, so can also be used for pandora charms uk softer wires. Chain-nose pliers sometimes called cheap pandora charms needle-nose pliers – Very versatile for picking up and grasping small items, pandora charms sale bending eye pins, closing jumps rings, even closing crimp beads. discount pandora charms Round-nose pliers – Used for creating loops on beaded head and eye pins. Can also be used for winding your own jump rings and as the second pliers you’cheap pandora ll need for closing jump rings. Optional pliers – Wire-looping pliers which have several graduated circumferences to allow you to form perfectly uniform jump rings and loops in place of the pandora discount uk round-nose pliers mentioned above. Crimping pliers which have little notches to allow you to both flatten a crimp bead and then bend it to form a rounded finished look instead of the flat crimp you pandora uk get using the chain-nose pliers. As for materials, I recommend some assortment packs of beads in coordinating colors, some decorative metal spacers, seed beads in both silver and gold These can serve as spacers and beautifully set off pandora sale your other beads., tube-shaped crimp beads Buy the best you can find – these are what hold it all together!, head and eye pins. Other than that, let your choice of project be your guide. You might want some silver or pewter charms.

31. Kristina Marie says: October 5, 20103:35 am

I just discovered your blog and am loving it!
    I also just realized I took your picture in this outfit at fashion week! I'm not sure if I gave you a card or not but if youd like to check it out its at The Rebel Walts http://www.therebelwaltz.blogspot.com