All I ever do is throw my hair into a frizzy, messy bun – I can’t be bothered to wear my hair down when the temperature rivals my hometown’s (in South Florida). This heat has been giving me every excuse to eat ice cream and other delicious, frozen treats (slurpees!) – which has completely ruined my plan to get swimsuit ready for the summer. I’m not the kind of girl who passes on hors d’oeuvres because I’m watching my girlish figure, but I also have to watch what I eat or else I balloon. I’m not naturally thin like most of my family. But come on, who can resist homemade root beer ice cream? And Momofuku cookies? Forget it. This is why I gain weight in the summer – because I get out more often and therefore eat out more often. I allow myself to indulge a little too often. So maybe I’ve failed to get that smokin’ hot bikini bod I never actually tried for, but I’ve had a lot of fun not trying.

For all of the people who say “nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”: we obviously aren’t eating the same foods.

shirt – H&M ($4.95!)
twenty8twelve skirt – Gilt
belt – from my mom’s store, Hourglass Consignment
shoes – Steve Madden, via Beacon’s Closet
Carpenter Bee Bag – courtesy of Spotted Moth

Makeup notes: Julie Hewett lipstick in Thandie, MAC mineralize skinfinish in Refined

Love love,

1. myownlittleuniverse says: July 3, 201012:46 am

those shoes are so fun! love the whole outfit :)

2. Shannon Lambert says: July 3, 201012:50 am

Oh Steve Madden shoes! They fit my wide size 9 feet perfectly every time.

My own personal saying is "Nothing tastes as good as free food." It works in a lot of different occasions. Try it!

You still got gams (see: Legs) to show and arms to hang lovely studded purses on. A little hedonism never hurt anyone. This year I've had to pass on a lot of yummy food but all for health reasons (discovering you are lactose intolerant is bitter sweet and losing weight for health reasons ain't too fun either). I will live vicariously through your ice cream and cookies.

3. A.Co says: July 3, 201012:57 am

I can totally relate!! Summer makes me want to eat ice cream, get frappucino's, and just go out and get yummy food on patios in the evenings! SO FUN. Not so fun for the figure 😉

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

4. Heidz says: July 3, 20101:00 am

Oh I know exactly how you feel! I love me some good food and always crave a slurpee when out and about in the FL heat. Anyway not to sound like a mom but I think you're gorgeous just how you are. Seriously. :)

5. Elysia says: July 3, 20101:02 am

LOL! that last "For all of the people who say "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels": we obviously aren't eating the same foods."

that belt is to die for i live in ny too idk how you stay so chic in this weather all i wanna do is throw on a racer back tank and so levi's cut offs.

those heels are too cute as well

xo elysia @

6. K.K says: July 3, 20101:02 am

Keiko…I'm brasilian and i've found you somewhere i don't remember…
    But there's something i know…and it's tha I LOVE YOUR BLOG. You're espetacular.

7. Nicole says: July 3, 20101:18 am

I feel the same way! Honestly, I'm not concerned about having a "hot beach bod" as long as I'm just happy with who I am and how I look…and what I eat, of course :) Your outfit is lovely, and those shoes are fabulous!

8. sui says: July 3, 20101:25 am

you are gorgeous no matter what! I have to say you look amazing right now, just as you are. :] it's always great to enjoy food anyway!

9. AlejandrA says: July 3, 20101:26 am

I love your shoes and bag!
    amazing outfit!

10. stylefyles says: July 3, 20101:39 am

I love your counter to the "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels saying"…but why the post on being curvy? You're not anorexic-skinny, that's for sure, but I think your size is perfect!

Young girls should have role models who are fashionable, chic and not all skin and bones!

PS- I am NOT knocking skinny ladies, please don't take it that way. But not everyone was meant to have a rail thin body…in fact, most of us were not. It's a shame when people feel forced to be rail skin because of social influences.

Healthiness is what's important, and that comes in all shapes and sizes.

11. stylefyles says: July 3, 20101:41 am

by the way, what I meant to express in the last comment, but never managed to fully articulate, is that personally, I would consider you skinny.

12. Bub says: July 3, 20101:51 am

Hey girl, you look amazing! I am in love with your shoes!

13. Dip-tea says: July 3, 20101:52 am

i totally dig your belt!

14. elatsyrk says: July 3, 20102:02 am

Love those shoes!

15. dreamylacey says: July 3, 20102:46 am

the wuhole outfit is fantastic!! I love the shoes but I have not seen them n the website. the belt is great! it makes a good part of the job in the outfit. it is original and designed..

16. Anonymous says: July 3, 20102:52 am

love the shoes…and you're plenty skinny =)

17. Lauren says: July 3, 20103:30 am

Love the outfit, but I am in LOVE with those shoes. I haven't really liked booties, but again, am in LOVE with those shoes!

Small Time Style

18. katthroatworld says: July 3, 20103:44 am

those shoes used to be on my wishlist! ;P love that skirt, belt, and bag!

19. Jessy says: July 3, 20104:11 am

Wow, this outfit is just PERFECT.

20. Fia says: July 3, 20104:19 am

Heck, yeah! I totally agree with you on the saying. I LOVE food and skinny is nothing compared to all the yummy food out there.

I love all the studs.

21. eleanor says: July 3, 20104:36 am

thank you so much for your comment!

wow, i love those shoes! and you look stunning, as always.

22. Charmalade says: July 3, 20104:50 am

So first off– that first photo with the specatuclarly studded heels was all woahhhhh amazing. It was amazing. It IS amazing. Amazing.

Second– AMEN, Keiko!! Haha, I didn't know whether it was just me, but whenever I'm hanging out with friends where all the restaurants are, I'm so tempted to EAT and grease smells so good, it's awful. I've eaten fries two nights in a row, now. D: I feel guilty, but fries taste so gooood… And y'know, I always detested that quote about how skinny is IT. People would wrinkle their nose at me when I say that– I am naturally gawky and thin. But that's not fair, because I think it's preposterous to mix up eating with gorging. Two completely different things. Plus, I like ice cream and stuff too much to give it all up, goodness.

Uh, woops. Sorry for rambling!

Toast with Charmalade

23. nicole says: July 3, 20104:52 am

I love all your outfits, you have such a great aesthetic and sense of style. Those shoes are amazing!

24. Sarah says: July 3, 20105:20 am

keiko, you're adorable. physically and personality-wise. enjoy life, especially summer!

25. Estefany says: July 3, 20105:32 am

You look gorgeous! I love the skirt w/ the belt and those shoes.. pff! nice!

26. Diane says: July 3, 20105:37 am

momofuku blueberry cream cookies…yum!!!

27. Charlie says: July 3, 20106:20 am

lovely outfit. the skirt is so pretty, and I bet there´s millions of good ways to style it up! versatile pieces are the best. those shoes are also stunning!

28. libys11 says: July 3, 20106:27 am

omygosh!!! im in love with your bag!! 😀

Animated Confessions

29. revital says: July 3, 20106:55 am

wow!! gorgeous shoes!! you look amazing as always!!

30. Swalvs says: July 3, 20108:06 am

Believe me, this is a relief! I was starting to think that most of the bloggers are not like us!!! They never gain weight, their shoes look as if they are never worn, their clothes never wrinkle etc… Like ads… But I think some of them are not that way, right? I loved this outfit, I have very similar pieces and I was planning to dress up like that today but then realized that I have no plans except working for this saturday… So, just threw a pair of comfortable pants! You look very beautiful…

31. Une étincelle de mode says: July 3, 20108:47 am

very pretty studded outfit!!!

32. Mimi says: July 3, 20109:20 am

looks great!

33. B says: July 3, 201011:08 am

A-men, keiko!

Real ladies eat. I love your figure! it makes me feel good about mine too :)

B from A plus B

34. Keira Lennox says: July 3, 201011:47 am

Keiko, I am SO with you. I'm all about indulging… life is short, eat a cupcake (or 3) :) Sure, I don't have a six pack, but I like my curves (and good food). Plus, you're beautiful, and I love that style bloggers are real women with real bodies and real lives.

Now about this outfit — love! Especially the belt and those awesome shoes. The fact that you got them at Beacon's makes me love them even more.

35. japantoypanic says: July 3, 201011:52 am

I think you have such an amazing figure, girls who are unaturally skinny aren't beautiful at all!
    I love your shoes :)

36. thegirlwhocan says: July 3, 201012:10 pm

you still look great :) And I love those shoes!
    btw, this is the de-lurking post. been reading for a while already but never stepped in the open.
    so: hello there!

37. Christy says: July 3, 201012:30 pm

Oh my goodness, those heels are fabulous! And your thoughts on weight/eating made me smile. Summer is definitely the best time to indulge (funnel cake is my personal weakness)!

♥ christy of

38. Alice says: July 3, 201012:40 pm

So pretty ^^

39. Bind says: July 3, 20102:16 pm

Steve Madden makes the best shoes.

40. PrettyNiftyThriftyFashion says: July 3, 20102:36 pm

oh i love your outfit it looks awesome!!!

41. Becca says: July 3, 20103:10 pm

I love the studded shoes. And the pleated skirt is adorable!

Also, it's so refreshing to hear about your body image philosophy. I'm totally not in prime shape, but my life is so much more exciting than running on a treadmill like a hamster.

42. Ollie Otson says: July 3, 20103:18 pm

Love the quote at the end. Made me smile. I feel the exact same way. I eat right most of the time, but every-now-and-then, a girl craves a burger or something, you know?

I always love how you mix "harder" pieces into your wardrobe with fluffy, short skirts and simple tees.

43. Sophie Fish says: July 3, 20103:24 pm

Lovely and simple outfit! The kind I like… I just wish I could get more used to high heels…

44. wowowowzah says: July 3, 20103:35 pm

U R TOTALLY SOMETHING GIRL ! I checked that u like animals, I have a dog Bichon Frisé and sometimes he hangs out with me when I'm photographing my outfits!

take a look if u like !

45. Jonna says: July 3, 20103:46 pm

Love the bag and the shoes! x

46. Jen B says: July 3, 20104:33 pm

You are a doll <3

47. The little world of fashion says: July 3, 20105:43 pm

OMG !!

48. Ms K says: July 3, 20106:23 pm

love the heels and the studded bag!!!!

49. Kate says: July 3, 20107:22 pm

I just love the cut of that top – it's such a perfect little white tee! And those shoes are killer! Love love love them! Also, I'm so with you, I definitely let myself indulge too often, but to me it's a large part of what makes life enjoyable! Sitting on a restaurant's rooftop patio, eating & drinking is part of what makes summer so great! Same with icecream, bbq, strawberry shortcake… who can resist? And why would you want to?

50. Bad Taste Toast says: July 3, 20109:38 pm

Oh I agree! I always try to take care of my eating habits cause I'm not thin and don't want to gain even more weight, BUT girls who diet all their lives can't be happy. There's nothing better than good food :)
    Btw I'd say as far as I can see your body i already hot enough for a bikini.
    But what I actually wanted to say is that I love the matching studded shoes and bag you've got going on here, and the golden belt, perfect outfit! :)

51. Amelia says: July 3, 201010:00 pm

I love your shoes and bag. Such a simple yet chic outfit!

52. jenny says: July 3, 201010:50 pm

Psssht. Bathing suit smathing suit. I just wear one of those smocked summer dresses and call it a day. No need to get the 2-6 pack. I'm ok with my love handles.

53. MarieBayArea says: July 4, 20101:37 am

the studded bag and heels are very rock star-chic

54. what dia like says: July 4, 20108:09 am
  55. crushedglass says: July 4, 20109:10 am

hmm what are momojuku cookies?

56. April says: July 4, 20102:26 pm

Your body is amazing! I'm sure you look fine in a swimsuit.
    So glad you have a healthy attitude about food.

57. Claire Kiefer says: July 4, 20107:40 pm

I LOVE THOSE SHOES! I have some similar ones from Steve Madden, but they're just super high heels and not booties. The ones you're wearing are amazing–I'm in love!

58. Bec says: July 5, 201010:59 am

you go girl! I'm with you on the 'they are obviously not eating the same thing'!!

don't worry, 99% of the world would still be jealous of your figure even though you think that you are not bikini ready…

nothing like a slim (you are very!), feminine figure!

59. Audrey says: July 5, 20103:45 pm

that outfit is adorable! and btw, i love your eyebrows! do you fix it yourself? id love to learn how!

60. Mascara or Motoroil says: July 7, 201010:21 pm

I'm not usually a big fan of studs or embellishments, but DAMN GIRL, you rocked it!!!

61. Danielle says: July 9, 20103:59 pm

That's a flipping great deal on that skirt!

62. Caroline Lindsey says: July 27, 20109:10 pm

Hahaha…me and my sister have a similar saying! It originated at Thanksgiving, when we were pigging out, and my sister was trying to get us to be good by saying, "Remember what Kate Moss says…Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." And I looked her in the eye with whipped cream dribbling down my chin and replied, "Kate Moss must have never eaten pecan pie." So now whenever something is REALLY yummy, we are always like, "Kate Moss has TOTALLY never eaten this!" :)