In true Keiko Lynn fashion, I’m going to skip the nearer past and go back to the further past in the near future. Does that make any sense? It shouldn’t. What I mean is this: let’s touch on fashion week and then we’ll go back to the Weardrobe wrap ups. Are you hip to that jive? Okay!

Outfit Details: Vintage boy’s blazer, Gap t-shirt, Postlapsaria skirt, trouser socks, Calvin Klein heels, Ray Ban new wayfarers, self-made owl necklace, thrifted belt, Coach tote full of goodies

The first day of fashion week has been the absolute craziest so far. I was dead tired from the full weekend but had a lot of work to do. I ended up having to skip the Coach dinner and do some work (you will see a huge update on Postlapsaria next week), in order to keep my week somewhat free. So, I worked through the night and fell asleep pretty close to the time I should have been waking up. We were meeting at the SoHo Grand (where Bobby works!) at 9 AM; I figured I would wake up at 6:30 and steam my dress, get ready and have plenty of transit time.

Wrong! I woke up at 8:20…oops. Keep in mind that I live in Park Slope and have to take the subway into Manhattan…and that I’m a girl who takes a long time to get ready. I had to forgo my dress idea since I didn’t have time to steam it, and I took the quickest shower I have ever taken in my life. I threw my messy hair up, pulled out a Postlapsaria skirt from the inventory closet and just started grabbing layers. I threw on some flats, grabbed some heels for later and ran out the door. I did my makeup while STANDING on the train. I also put that necklace together out of some odds and ends that my mom gave me while I was in Florida. Yes, I do want a medal thankyouverymuch.

Once we met up at the SoHo Grand, we all hopped into a car and headed to the Coach headquarters. We got to preview the Fall collection (which was beautiful). I hate to admit that I wasn’t very knowledgeable about Coach going into it. All I knew was that my grandma really likes their classic handbags and every girl at my high school was decked out in their monograms. My preconceived notions were completely wrong: they have a wide array of stunning handbags (sans monograms) and their shoes are to die for. I was drooling all over their new Sage and Aida boots, Alexandria and Davine heels and the grey Cambridge Leather Zip Top Tote. So if any of you guys want to play sugar mama/daddy and give me a birthday present…I will shower you with cupcakes.

They also had some really beautiful statement necklaces that don’t seem to be on the site yet. The price point for everything is surprisingly reasonable, considering the quality. It’s still out of my price range but hopefully not for long! Didn’t you know that 25 is going to be my year?

Next, we had a meeting with the CEO. He had a ton of questions about blogging, which I thought was really, really cool. It’s so neat to have these incredibly successful people who are interested in the little things we do. Though I must admit, I was [again] the odd one of the bunch. Some of these bloggers get over a million page views a month! I don’t even know what mine are but I assure you it is nowhere near that.

After the meeting, we went down to the factory and designed our own Coach clutches. I made mine in a gunmetal leather with magenta and purple lining, contrast stitching, grommets and embossing on the back. I can’t wait to see how the final product looks!

We then took a private tour of the Highline with one of the founders and had lunch with three of the lovely Coach ladies at Pastis. I really loved them all; I’ve met so many great people this past week.

By this point, I had already missed a couple of morning shows (worth it) but had just enough time to make it to the Ports 1961 show. I ran to Samara’s school and we hopped in a cab to Bryant Park. We were hot messes – her with her law school books in tow and me with not a stitch of eye makeup. It didn’t matter because we had so much fun! The clothing had a strong Japanese inspiration (hollerrr); I thoroughly enjoyed it. Name a 1/4 Japanese girl Keiko and she thinks she is an expert in all things Asian.

The show ended up running late and being a lot longer than I expected, so we went straight to Coach after the show for our first Fashion’s Night Out stop.

Coach gave us all Coach totes full of makeup, hair products, chocolates, sunglasses and other goodies. At the Fashion’s Night Out event, we had the chance to have our totes customized by Brooklyn-based illustrator Kiersten Essenpreis or graffiti artist Pesu. I ended up choosing Kiersten because all of her art is pretty much a biography of my life. Girls in fancy dresses, accompanied by animals and lots of whimsy. I chose the mirrored girls with horse hats and had her add unicorn horns because why wouldn’t I? I now have the most magical tote ever. Thank you Coach and Kiersten!

We hit up a few more stores (although I missed Opening Ceremony…boo), went to a late dinner and then crashed. Needless to say, it was an amazing start of Fashion Week that won’t be forgotten!

-Keiko Lynn

p.s. I’m sorry this was so long-winded; I just didn’t want to leave out any details. As you can tell, I’m not used to such special treatment and I was/am a little bit in awe.

1. Erica Leigh says: September 13, 20098:53 am

haha, i hate it when i sleep in on accident. isn't weird though, how you can move super fast when you need to?? like, how come you can get ready in 15 minutes when you're rushing, but every other day takes about an hour? ugh. story of my life.

oh my gosh that tote is so cool! and you even got to design your own clutch. yaaaaay, swag! looks like fashion week was a lot of fun. you are very lucky! :) <3

2. Catherine says: September 13, 20099:09 am

sheesh! Who doesn't love free stuff? Hope you have an amazing time, i wish i lived somewhere near a fashion week :(

3. auxpaysdesmerveilles says: September 13, 20099:26 am

You look so pretty! I love the colors of your outfit, you really diserve a medal, I can't tell you had to get ready on such short notice!

4. Chelsea says: September 13, 20099:27 am

Oh! I am so jealous you got to partake in Fashion's Night Out! Enjoy the special treatment, girl!

5. Winnie says: September 13, 20099:48 am

Keiko- I think your blog is fantastic and as good as the other girls! You completely deserve all the success you're getting!

This looks like a great evening, designing your own clutches sounds amazing! I can't wait to see how they turn out either.

6. eliza says: September 13, 200910:01 am

i love your outfit! i hate waking up late…the sense of absolute panic when you have to be somewhere is just horrible!

looks like you had a fab time :)

7. ~HM~ says: September 13, 200910:12 am

Yup 25 is definitely the year! At least that's what I keep saying, and so far it really is! Sounds like you're having a blast. And I'm doing my little part and spreading the word to my friends about your fabulous blog. We'll get ya into the million page views in no time! :)

8. Olivia Rae says: September 13, 200911:51 am

I just found your blog, and you are amazing! So beautiful and funny! I'm your new biggest fan.

9. Suzanne says: September 13, 200912:02 pm

love ur skirt <3

10. Diana says: September 13, 200912:38 pm

Wow, this sounds absolutely amazing! I'm not a huge fan of Coach, but I love that you got to create your own custom clutch!

11. Ofelia says: September 13, 20091:48 pm

Love the bag!!!!!

12. Jennyfer says: September 13, 20092:11 pm

omg, I love your skirt! it's just beautiful!
    and that's so nice of coach, you know. so cool! *-*

13. Antoinette says: September 13, 20092:13 pm

The gunmetal leather clutch is going to be fabulous, and your outfit is very fresh!

14. Christen says: September 13, 20092:30 pm

What a magical day! And thank you for not leaving out any details – I loved reading all about it. Please keep sharing them. We are all living vicariously through you!

15. Eline says: September 13, 20093:41 pm

Have you any idea what kind of pen that lady is using to draw on those bags? BECAUSE I NEED IT IN MY LIFE.

Also, you look divine (as always).

16. Reminds Me Of says: September 13, 20094:13 pm

Your skirt looks like a tulip and that means magical in my book! And the unicorn addition to the tote makes me feel like my own girly loves are just as justifiable, thank you πŸ˜‰

Can't wait to see your clutch, it sounds awesome.

17. glam.spoon says: September 13, 20094:55 pm

making your own coach bag sounds like a dream!

18. Solanah says: September 13, 20095:21 pm

Sounds so amazing!

19. sachiiiii says: September 13, 20095:47 pm

Hey, I'm a 1/4 Japanese girl named Sachi and people always think I know Japanese and Chinese and probably Korean, but really I know nothing about anything Asian!
    Your outfit is so cute. I love navy and pink together.

20. Taylor Sterling says: September 13, 20096:24 pm

sounds so fun!! I love your outfit too girl!!

21. Mel says: September 13, 20098:32 pm

Wow sounds like you had lots of fun! Your outfit looks perfect despite being thrown together! I wish I had that kind of power! I like the unicorns on your tote!

22. Becca Joy says: September 13, 20099:09 pm

That sounds amazing! I can't believe all the free goodies your getting. I wish I lived in New York to go to fashions night out! I love your skirt its so cute and girly.

23. karlacastuirre says: September 13, 20099:48 pm

Aah! I love what you're wearing! And you are so lucky to have the opportunity to make your own bag =).

Btw, my bf saw me looking at your blog the other day and was telling me that it would be cool if you posted pictures of Bobby's tattoos and kinda explain what they mean.

Do you have any tattoos?

24. Cypriotchick says: September 13, 200910:02 pm

You are so pretty and cute can't believe hiow dedicated u are 2 ur work and how well u managed to pul thjat outfit together!

Also that seemed like an amazing experience speaking with those peoe and making ur own bag πŸ˜€

25. Erica Leigh says: September 13, 200910:04 pm

hey, thanks!

that costume set was one-of-a-kind, but i was planning on making more/similar panda dresses. i'll let you know when they're listed!

26. Piglet says: September 13, 200910:44 pm

Oh my gosh, that sounds like the most amazing day ever!
    And yes, you totally deserve a medal for that last minute outfit!

27. CMA says: September 13, 200911:15 pm

you look flawless!
    truly perfection in my eyes
    the skirt is beautiful, pairing it with navy blue was a pristine choice

check out my blog @

28. myedit says: September 14, 200912:16 am

I know I sound super cheese ball for saying it like so… but I like your blog because it isn't like everyone else's and because you love your cats. Enough said.
    Besides, at last count, you had 899 followers (and I'm proud of my 58…haha) and you look pretty hot for sleeping in and still throwing everything together!!!
    Wow, that's my longest comment ever!

29. Francine says: September 14, 20091:24 am

I love the blazer in the first picture. I like that blazers are in this season, though most of them out there seem to have shoulderpads. Ugh.

I mean, I know the 80s are sort of coming back, but not THAT back.

30. theowlsarenotwhattheyseem says: September 14, 20092:51 pm

your outfit looks great! it is 100% not obvious that you got ready in such a rush. and wow i am so jealous over all your fashion week fun! i can't wait to see the clutch you designed and more of that tote! ~joelle

31. stylefyles says: September 14, 20096:54 pm

you look amazing and sounds like you had an awesome time. I'm jealous of your hair that looks so perfect when thrown on top of your head wet and messy.

32. Felicia says: September 14, 20098:24 pm

great blog gurlie, and your fashion creations are to die for…I look foward to visiting your blog more often :)

33. Eyeliah says: September 14, 200911:20 pm

wow, so exciting! Can't wait for the shop update too πŸ˜‰ Please post about it so we know!

34. Claudette says: September 15, 20091:03 am

Great outfit…you have a cute style.

35. Helen says: September 15, 20099:32 am

your blog is so awesome! such an awesome read! im so jealous that you guys are at fashion week! i would love to have been there!!

helen x

36. beckyxoxo says: September 15, 200911:15 am

that was so much fun ! i wish i live in USA . haha .

37. futurelint says: September 15, 20094:25 pm

oh my! I hate those rushed rushed mornings! You still look fab! Totally jealous you got to design your own clutch!

38. Natalie says: September 15, 20094:37 pm

I loved hanging out with you and wished we had more time to chat. Let's keep in touch! Your blog is now in my RSS reader and I'm following your tweets! xoxo

39. huzzahvintage says: September 15, 200911:12 pm

that skirt is awesome, but the whole look is even better!

40. Belle says: September 16, 20092:23 am

Sounds like an amazing day!
    The coach totes are beautiful!
    I love coach shoes, so much, and they are very comfy for the most part.

41. noel says: September 16, 20095:42 pm

you look so adorable! i love that skirt, keiko. and the knee socks and everything. you've had quite the hectic fashion week schedule. too bad i didn't get to see you on FNO!

42. Blicious says: September 16, 20099:36 pm

love your outfit!!! great post! xoxo

43. Eunice says: September 17, 20094:39 am

what a great event! the illustrations are great, i'm so jealous!

44. electric_purple says: September 17, 20091:38 pm

wow your skirt is lovely. i adore it!

45. Her name was Lola says: September 19, 20095:32 pm

Customized + illustrated Coach totes! What could be more chic?

Love your fashion week roundups + your fabulous, new-to-me blog {found you through cupcakes and cashmere}.

46. Amanda C says: February 27, 20109:56 pm

Star Ship Enterprises Atalant an adult shop for sex toys for men women and adults. A varity of adult toys and dvds. Adult Set Toys and DVDs for Men, Women and Couples and Starship Elations – Sex Toys, Adult DVD, Lotions, … Starship Enterprises.

47. gayle says: June 6, 20102:35 am
  48. 每当遇见你 says: September 28, 20107:16 am

The walk by celebrities down the red carpet at the cheap pandora bracelets annual Academy Awards is probably just as anticipated by television viewers all over the world as the presentation of the awards themselves. The ladies are the stars of the show, and there's pandora bangle just something enthralling about seeing them decked out in all their finery for the event. The gowns and the jewelry they’re wearing all reinforce that they are stars, a step above us ordinary mortals. Pandora necklace There have been many examples of female celebrities who have been photographed wearing pieces of jewelry that are simply stunning at the Oscars throughout the years. Madonna, for instance, pandora necklace silver was wearing $20 million worth of diamonds at her neck, ears, and wrists at the 1991 Oscars. At this year's event, the jewelry worn by the stars were no less eye-catching, cheap pandora necklaces and they included just about every design imaginable in cheap pandora beads just about every hue of the rainbow. new pandora beads Best Actress nominee Keira Knightley was wearing a vintage pandora bead Bulgari chandelier necklace of diamonds, rubies, emeralds, and sapphires, cheap pandora earrings whose colors were reminiscent of a peacock's feathers. cheap pandora sets Jennifer Lopez was wearing dangling earrings and a necklace of gold and diamonds by Fred Leighton, discount pandora sets who also designed Dolly Parton's earrings and brooch. Charlize Theron's tawny earrings were supplied by Chopard; so were Hilary Swank's diamond earrings, bracelet and ring.