Thursday, February 5, 2009
Thrifting day requires a casual outfit. I usually just grab a t-shirt and jeans, because thrifting requires comfort and full mobility. Sometimes you need to throw some elbows! I swear, people can be incredibly rude in stores. My favorite is when you're the only person looking through a long rack of clothing, but someone comes up and decides to start browsing one item ahead...and violently pushes all the hangers into you. That happens all the time! It's a violent sport.
vintage fedora - borrowed from Bobby
grey deep v - American Apparel (wholesale price)
jeans - 4 stroke (free - Bobby models for them)
purple suede boots - wasteland ($50...painful for me)
coat - h&m, but I bought it second hand at beacon's ($15)
If you have a facebook account, you have probably read a plethora of 25 Random Things lists. I made one of my own, and decided to share an abridged version on here - and even added five new ones.
1) I was born severely pigeon toed and had to wear corrective shoes with a bar between them. I'm still pigeon toed, but it's not nearly as severe. I attribute my clumsiness to this, but it's really just a scapegoat.
2) My mom raised my sisters and I (before Tessa) as a single mom, with no child support. I am so grateful for her and learned so much from her struggle and triumph. Because of her, I am a very thrifty, driven and independent person...and I appreciate everything that I have, because I've worked for it. I wouldn't have it any other way.
3) My mom's name is Barbie. My dad's name is Ken.
4) I'm afraid to ever have kids, because I feel like I'd never love them as much as I love my little sister, niece and nephew. Or as much as Miku, for that matter.
5) I once ran away with my pony, Shawn. I rode him into the tomato fields; we were gone for about 20 minutes before I got scared and went back. I actually tried to tie a bandana to a stick, to hold my belongings. It didn't work out, so I took my backpack, which wasn't nearly as cool.
6) I refuse to get pedicures, and I think that is my mom's biggest conflict with me. It drives her nuts.
7) In 8th grade, our science teacher asked if there was anyone in the class who had never broken a bone. I raised my hand, and he told me to knock on wood. I didn't. I broke my toe that day. Since then, I have been obsessive about knocking on wood. I'm not so superstitious; I just have OCD tendencies. Some of them, if I'm lucky enough, can conceal themselves as superstitions.
8) If I could punch anyone in the face without consequence, the first person to come to mind is Ann Coulter.
9) You know how kids used to say, "Step on a crack and you'll break your mama's back?" When I was little, my dog Sebastian ran away. Every day, on my way to school, I would step on every single crack and say (in my head), "Step on a crack and I'll get Sebastian back." I still step on all the cracks, and I always think the same thought. He never did come back.
10) I recently had a dream that I was Facebook friends with Daniel Faraday. I was pretty bummed out when I realized it was just a dream.
11) Sometimes, when I say, "I don't know," I expect a bucket of slime to fall on my head.
12) My favorite foods are cooked cabbage, quiche and soup (can't choose just one). My drink of choice is sweet tea, but I have to save that one for special occasions, because of the amount of sugar. Plus, New York restaurants don't serve sweet tea:(
13) I have never cried as much as I did on the day that Spanky, my first horse, died.
14) My roommates and I accidentally flooded the entire third, second and first floor of a hotel, on our NJHS trip to Washington, D.C. in 7th grade.
15) My two biggest phobias are styrofoam and chalk. Just typing those words made me shiver.
16) I love writing just as much as I love fashion. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or wherewithal to fully dedicate myself to both. Right now, fashion pays the bills.
17) I go through more Burt's Bees (the original peppermint lip balm) than should be humanly necessary.
18) I alter almost every clothing item that I buy for myself, save for [most] t-shirts and jeans.
19) My favorite gift (not including my pony Shawn or Miku) I have ever received is my unicorn night light. Tessa (my little sister) bought it with her own money, at a craft fair. Tessa's nickname for me is Unicorn:)
20) I always kiss Miku on her furry little head, before I go to sleep.
Please share some random facts about yourself!