1. Taking a spontaneous trip to Madonna Inn with my best friend, Kimbly, who dropped everything when I needed her, no questions asked. I love you, Kim!
2. My first trip to Paris, courtesy of the lovely team at Comptoir des Cotonniers. And then my second one, with my motley crew: Eliot, Angie, and Helena. Remember how a trip to Paris was my dream? I went twice, this year! Insane.
3. Starting my Invisalign treatment (I'm currently receiving complimentary Invisalign® treatment in exchange for sharing my experience). I waited forever to take the plunge, because I have a tendency to procrastinate — especially when it comes to unfamiliar territory. I really should be thanking you all, for this and for the first part of #2 (and probably half of this list) because I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to receive complimentary treatment, if I didn’t have you guys as my audience. The other day, I was looking at old pictures and comparing them to my smile-in-progress, and I got so excited. I had to call Bobby in the room to show him how much wider my smile has gotten, and how less of my gums show. During my second trip to Paris, I was just getting used to my first Invisalign clear aligners. Now, I’m about halfway through. Time flies! If you would like more information on Invisalign treatment, click here.
4. All of my visitors (and there were a lot). I’m so close to my family and friends, and moving to another state made me nervous about not being with them, enough. Luckily, I have a flexible schedule that allows me to travel, but I’m especially grateful to live in a place that people want to visit. My guest room is rarely empty, and I’m closer than ever to my family and friends.
5. My trip to Japan. It seems completely surreal to think that as of last year, I had never been outside of the US. I didn’t even get my passport, until this year! For my 30th, Bobby took me to Japan. My dad was born there, and his dad lived there, when he was a kid. It was such a special trip for both of us.
6. Designing my “Keiko” Bonlook glasses. And naming the colors after my favorite girls, no less!
7. Collaborating with some of my favorite brands. I'm grateful for all of them, but I’d have to say that any time I get to work with Urban Decay, I get extremely excited! They’re a longtime favorite of mine, and working with animal loving beauty addicts is basically a dream come true.
8. Getting my Miku tattoo. Miku has been my constant, faithful companion and best friend for the last ten years, so getting her tattooed on my leg was the least I could do to prove my love to her. It makes me so happy, every time I see her little smiling face on my leg!
9. So many Disney trips! Actually, so many trips, period. Nashville, NOLA, LA, Paris, Tokyo, Florida, North Carolina…I stayed pretty busy. The Disney trips are a good way to get the whole family together, and keep the kids entertained. This year, we took our very first family trip - complete with grandparents, parents, kids, and grandkids. We're planning on making it an annual event, because family is number one.
10. And last, but certainly not least: seeing Tessa (my little sister) graduate high school. She’s the most special person in the world. I cried my eyes out when she walked across the stage. Of course, I also cried when she first went to kindergarten, so she’s used to it. Monchichi is all grown up!